VOICE-ENABLED HOME AUTOMATION
Control4 makes it easy for everyone in your family to intuitively control your home with keypads and mobile devices. Now, with the Amazon Alexa Smart Home Skill for voice-enabled home automation, you can have hands-free control of your smart home system. According to Control4 CEO Martin Plaehn, typical homeowners have more than 40 connected devices orchestrated by Control4. With voice interaction through Amazon Alexa, you have another convenient way to control all of them.
Set the Perfect Scene
Control4 personalizes your home by coordinating connected devices into pre-set scenes that can be triggered with the press of a button. With Amazon Alexa, a single voice command can raise the window shades while you’re getting ready for work or turn down the thermostat from bed. To trigger pre-set scenes with Alexa, just tell her what to do, such as “Alexa, turn on …”
- “Welcome” to light up the hallway and kitchen, fire up your favorite Pandora station and lock the door behind you
- “Movie Time” to dim the lights, and turn on your Blu-ray player and speakers
- “Dining” to dim the chandelier to 60% and turn on music
- “Bedtime” to shut off every light in the house, lock the doors and arm the alarm
- “Cooking” to raise the lights in the kitchen, lower the shades and turn on the TV to a preset food channel
- “Game Time” to dim the lights, lower the shades, and turn on your TV and gaming console
Getting Started Is Easy
If you already have a Control4 home, connecting an Alexa-enabled device is simple. All you have to do is enable the Control4 Smart Home Skill inside the Alexa app, connect with Control4, discover devices and scenes, and start using voice control. The Control4 Smart Home Skill is available for the entire Alexa family:
- Amazon Echo
- Echo Dot
- Amazon Tap
- Amazon Fire TV
Control4 with 4Sight
As a Control4 homeowner with a 4Sight license ($99/year), you can enjoy out-of-the-box voice control of thermostats, individual light fixtures and smart lighting scenes. 4Sight enables you to connect to Control4 cloud-based services, including remote access and control of your home on iOS and Android mobile.
Contact us for more information on voice control for a Control4-enabled smart home.